As E’Mation Controls and Engineering has grown, so has our need for qualified sales engineers.
Our sales engineers work with our clients to provide complete automation solutions. We have worked on every challenge from small machine upgrades to complex automation cells with several thousand points of I/O.
As a sales engineer, you will work with our existing clients, seek out and open a dialogue with new ones, and then identify and solve each of their automation needs. Each sales engineer works with a dedicated staff to support and complete their projects. This position is approximately 80% sales and 20% project management.
The sales aspect of this position is to gain an understanding of the needs and opportunities of the Grand Rapids area manufacturing industry. Many clients and potential clients are simply unaware of today’s state-of-the-art automation solutions. Once the client has been presented a solution, the sales engineer is responsible for managing the team to see the project through to completion. Post-project, the sales engineers interface directly with the client to ensure that all needs for support are being met.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in B2B sales
- Ability to travel throughout the West Michigan area (~75%)
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums
- Knowledge of PLC’s, HMI’s, and overall Industrial Automation (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc…)
- Knowledge of Robotics (ABB, Fanuc)
- Troubleshooting, Repairs, and Preventative Maintenance
- Understanding of Machine Safety
- Understanding of Panel Design
E’Mation Controls and Engineering provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our sales engineers earn a base salary plus a commission determined by their monthly sales performance.