Panel Builder / Electrician
Within E’Mation Controls and Engineering, our panel builders are responsible for the physical assembly and wiring of industrial control panels. They build panels to print including lying out and physically mounting devices to back panels, wiring per print and testing the panel to ensure that it is built according to plan. Additionally, we install and field wire our panels to ensure proper functionality for our clients.
Our panel builders must be able to understand the fundamentals of electricity and read an electrical schematic. Must be familiar with and comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools. Lifting up to fifty pounds is required for this position.
This position will require less than 10% travel, generally well within 100 miles round trip. International travel will not be required. Nights, holidays, and weekends are typically not required.
E’Mation Controls and Engineering provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 2 years of experience (minimum) in panel/machine wiring
- Ability to read electrical prints / schematics
- Ability to use multi-meter to read voltage, current and resistance
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with PLCs, power supplies and VFD wiring techniques
- Electrical wiring and component connection in accordance with UL and CSA standards.
- Apprentice or Journeyman Electrician
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Reads and interprets wiring diagrams, point to point wiring schedules, and schematics.
- Able to spot inconsistencies in drawings and discrepancies in paperwork to ask or answer questions during assembly process.
- Work closely with electrical engineering team to resolve any issues.
- Uses common hand tools to prepare and assemble components, din rail and wire duct to complete electrical panels to print.
- Performs routine tasks in preparation for assembly, such as cutting wire to specified size, stripping, and fastening terminal connections. Performs wiring of electrical components and labeling of all devices and wires.
- Chooses appropriate wire colors and gauges required to complete wiring to all applicable codes, specifications and regulations.
- Field wiring of control cabinets into machinery if needed.
- Assist Engineers with machine startup and debug.
© EMation Controls and Engineering – 7622 Clyde Park Avenue, Byron Center, MI 49315 – 616.878.4544